Thursday, October 30, 2008

Leaving CTA?

In answer to a couple of recent questions:

I believe that you can make a statement to CTA by

1- check the box that says your dues may not be used to promote political causes. (I have to admit to being a little skeptical. How will I know if that happens or not? Where is the accountability and verification?)

2- check a different box and become an "inactive member." In this case, you can no longer vote on issues (as if it mattered!). Your pension and insurance should not be affected. You would want to see about getting legal insurance from another union.

There are other unions out there. We expect to be having a meeting soon with a representative from a Christian Teachers Union.

As I have said before, I'm not sure which course of action I'm going to take, but I do want to listen to the alternative presentation. I'll post the date and time here as soon as I know when it will be.

If you are interested in more information, please add a comment.

No comments: